Saturday, April 6, 2013

OUR LOVELY SATURDAY

I woke up early this morning so I could get my hour in on the treadmill before the kids got up. No such luck. Carly was already awake in her room. That meant the "Mommy" interruptions would make my hour treadmill more like two and a half--literally. It really is one thing after another. I don't even know if the hour actually counts when it takes you two and a half hours to get it done. Gah! It never fails, though. As soon as I start the treadmill back up it's "Mommy can you . . . ? Fill in the blank--it's all been requested. Lol! I have to force myself to get up earlier! I just have to!

When I finally finished the treadmill I came upstairs and finished watching morning Conference with the rest of the family. Then we did some things around the house and watched the rest of Saturday Conference. After that was over Julie and I went on a Mommy/Daughter date. I took her to do some shopping and then we went out to eat. It was nice with it just being the two of us. Rob watched the kids so we could have some Mommy/Daughter time. We also visited a friend of ours in our neighborhood who was recently widowed and stayed and talked with her for a bit. Julie and I had a good time together and hopefully cheered our friend up a little, too.

Grandma and Grandpa are doing well. Grandpa is busy trying to work out the nation's problems. I'm not exactly sure how but I think he's got some pretty good ideas and he's trying to get someone in DC to listen. That could be quite a feat considering they aren't even listening to each other! Although, if anyone can get their attention, he can!

Julie has to go back to school tomorrow. The little ones are already sad about it. They love having her around and don't quite understand when she has to leave them. Carly is getting somewhat better with it but Jono still gets heartbroken every time she leaves. Poor little guy.

Julie only has 2 weeks of classes left and then a week of finals. She is trying to figure out what she is doing for Spring/Summer semesters. She will most likely stay and work over that time. Hopefully, she will know soon.

Well, it's way past bedtime here. Guess I'd better get myself some shut-eye. ;)

No comments: