Saturday, April 27, 2013

AS SATURDAYS GO . . .

Today was a typical Saturday. We slept in a wee bit, then spent the day doing chores around the house and yard. We've got so many projects started around here and not finished it looks a little like a war zone. Hopefully, we can put some order to them soon and start finishing some of them.

Jonathon was Daddy's little helper today. He ran errands with Daddy and helped him outside. He was so proud of himself. He pretty much went everywhere Daddy went today.

I completely forgot till just now that the other day he and Carly had a couple of friends over and they were all playing in the back yard. Jonathon came bursting in the door and ran past me. He grabbed something and headed back out the door. It was too fast and I was suspicious. I stopped him and asked what he had. He didn't want to show me but I made him. He had the keys to our riding lawn mower. I was flabbergasted. He'd never done anything like that before. I asked him what he was planning to do with them. He told me he was just going to drive it for a minute for the kids. He was pretty upset when I made it clear to him that wasn't going to happen (not that his feet could have hit the petals anyway.) And he got even madder when I made him hand the keys over and promise not to take them again. I think he told me he was going to tell Daddy on me, or something to that effect. Dang, I'm always in big trouble with Rob. Lol!

I did manage to get the job of mowing the lawn today. Maybe that was my payback for taking those keys away. Lol!

On a more serious note, my Aunt Kaye is still in the hospital, Not a lot of change but she is holding her own at the moment. Please continue to pray with us for her recovery. We would so appreciate your faith and prayers. Thank you so much.

No comments: