Tuesday, April 16, 2013

IT'S ALL GOOD

Paybacks aren't always pretty. I seem to remember on more than one occasion hearing one or the other of my parents tell me I would probably have a child just like me. I won't go as far as to say they wished it on me but I won't rule it out either. :)

I had a tough day with one of my kids today. Keep in mind, they are only 3 and 5--but it was still hard. I don't like having to be stern or tough with them but they are at an age where the lessons are starting to count. I am grateful to have my parents here, not just for their wisdom, but to remind me that there once was a little girl with a curl in the middle of her forehead . . . or was that there once was a little girl who was a middle child--who was an absolute pill at times? Either way, it's good to hear (or remember) so I don't feel like I'm failing as a parent on days like these. No matter, this too shall pass and tomorrow is a new day!

The truth is kids come with personalities and sometimes we just have to figure things out together. We can't use one single approach at parenting to successfully raise every child. They are individuals and so are we. I'm learning to bend--and take deep breaths. Lots of them. In the end, it's all good because I love my kids more than life. 


No comments: