Tuesday, April 2, 2013

IT'S KINDA SORTA SPRING LIKE

The day dawned kind of dreary and stayed that way for a good part of the day. In the late part of the afternoon the sun came out and started to warm things up a bit. Grandma and Grandpa got out to run some errands and grab a bite to eat. It ended up being a nice day to get out if you waited for the sun to show up.
I did the same thing my parents did. When Rob came home, we decided to go and grab a salad for dinner. It had gotten really nice by that time.

Mom told me this morning when she went to the mailbox that the daffodils were getting ready to bloom and some of the hyacinths were getting there as well. I noticed them tonight as we were coming back in and sure enough they should be blooming any day now. I have scads of tulips making their way through the earth. They are mostly leaves and stems at this point but the buds are beginning. I can't wait until they blossom. I adore tulips. They really are my favorite.

Spring is definitely upon us and my kids are so ready for it. They love being outdoors and Jonathon especially has been cooped up for way too long. He gets up every morning and just wants to run outside and swing. I'm hoping it will be warm enough in the morning for him to do so. He was so disappointed today when it was too cold.

Well, not much going on here tonight. More later. N.


No comments: