Monday, December 31, 2012

WHAT ARE YOU DOING NEW YEAR'S EVE?

Well, we are just an old boring married couple because I'm not sure we even realized it was New Year's Eve until after 6 p.m. when we were thinking about running out and doing a little shopping. We then realized it was probably a bad idea since most stores had closed for the evening.

Luckily, we had purchased our non-alcoholic bubbly in advance (and we also had a friend drop another bottle by) so there was no shortage of carbonated grape juice. Lol! I made some Chex mix and some homemade fudge and we celebrated by indulging or I should say overindulging in goodies! Ha!

This morning after I got Carly dressed she looked in the mirror and then turned to me and said, "Mom, do I look like a grown up?" Sputter, sputter, cough, cough--Yes, that came from my four year old! True she is almost five but REALLY?! "NO!", I told her, "You don't. You're only four." She looked in the mirror again and said, "I really think I look grown up in this, Mom." She was dressed in blue jeans with a pink belt and a pink long sleeved top--nothing out of the ordinary. I hate to think how old she's going to feel when she's seven!

Well, on to another year friends. Here we go!



No comments: