Saturday, December 29, 2012

WHO SPEAKS THE LANGUAGE?

I've been dying to make this Chocolate, Chocolate Mousse Cake for a few months now that I found on Pinterest but it looked so time consuming (and caloric) I put it off until today. It has to be done in steps and Carly was asking me about it as I made it. I was only in the first or second step when she was asking. It has a crust of crushed Oreo cookies and then a layer of homemade cheesecake. The next layer is a homemade chocolate mousse followed by a homemade chocolate gonache. Anyway, she kept wanting dessert and I had to tell her it wouldn't be done for quite awhile because I still had a couple of steps left--one being the mousse I needed to make and put on it. She went off to play and in the meantime I decided to finish and serve it tomorrow since it needed to be in the refrigerator for at least four hours.

Fast forward to bedtime ~ I'm getting Carly in her Jammies and she asks, "Mommy, can I have some of the stuff with the horse on it?" Me: "Huh? Stuff with the horse on it? What are you talking about? OHHHH!" Rob looked over at me quizzically at this point. I started explaining to him that I had told Carly I was putting MOOSE on top of the cheesecake and she confused it with a horse momentarily. LOL! We then had to explain to her about how sometimes we use words from different languages that sound the same as words in our language that mean different things, i.e. Mousse and Moose. Life has to be so confusing for little kids sometimes!

In the end, I think she was genuinely disappointed there wasn't going to be a moose on the cheesecake, even though she was glad there was going to be some chocolate on it! Lol!


No comments: