Tuesday, December 25, 2012

OH, THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS FRIGHTFUL . . .

Wow, it's over. The presents have all been opened. The kids are asleep again. Toys are everywhere. We can relax-at least until morning when it's time to really clean-up.

We bought too much, ate too much, played too much and slept too little. But all in all things are really good. I couldn't help but think about the families in Connecticut who lost their little ones several times throughout the day as I watched my own opening gifts and being joyful. What a day those parents and siblings must have had. I pray they can find peace somehow. I am so sorry for their pain.

I can't tell you how nice it is to have my parents here with us. My kids adore them and love being able to just run downstairs to show Grandma and Grandpa this or that. It is so nice that they are growing up really knowing their grandparents. My grandparents were one of the most important influences in my life and I can't imagine not having been close to them~so it is such a blessing to see my kids being close to my parents--both my older and younger ones.

Well, I hope your Christmas was as nice as ours. Much love to all of you from our house to yours. ;)

P.S. We're in for one heck of a snowstorm if the weatherman is to be believed. Luckily, we have no place to go! So, let it snow. Let it snow! Let it snow!

No comments: