Friday, December 28, 2012

MEMORY . . . WHAT MEMORY?

It's funny but I have NO memory of not writing my blog last night. Maybe that's the problem. No memory, that is. Lol! I just noticed it when I logged in to write tonight. I've been staying up way too late and it must be affecting my brain power.

I got up  somewhat early today (for vacation) and did an hour on the treadmill. When I came upstairs Rob was out trying to dig us out of the Winter wonderland that had fallen upon us. It was quite deep. It ended up taking several hours. I had Julie go out and help him and I had forgotten that we got Carly and Jono tiny shovels--so I got them all dressed in their snow get-up and they went out to "help" too.

Rob decided to be funny and built a large mound of snow and stuck Jono and then Carly feet first down in it. They LOVED it! He came in to get me first so I'd be ready with the camera! They also made snow angels and played in it enough to get themselves totally wet and nearly frozen. Nothing some hot chocolate and marshmallows couldn't thaw out~but cold just the same.

Julie had to go back to school today to start work and that made for some pretty unhappy siblings. We had to listen to the "I miss Doolie" sobs all night long. We have got to figure out how to work that darned Skype. Neither of us have been able to figure it out. Everyone says it so simple and yet we've both downloaded it and sent each other invitations that neither one has received. I guess we aren't getting it. Hmmm. We are going to have to have personal tutors, I guess.

Rob got him some new boy toys today and he is still up putting them together. That's why I am still up writing my blog. We seem to thrive in the early morning hours (late at night) and then not be able to function nearly as well in the a.m. when the alarm goes off. I think we need to change our body alarms around a little. ;)

Well, here are some pictures of the kids and their fun in the snow today. Night all.

The boss
The staff

The reward :)

(A closer look)

This should hold him for awhile.

His favorite part of the day!



No comments: