Thursday, December 20, 2012

A NICE EVENING WITH MY SWEETHEART

Rob and I went to see The Forgotten Carols tonight. In case you're not familiar with it - it's a lovely stage performance with beautiful music. My brother-in-law gave us the tickets.

It was written by Michael McClean who also stars in the show. This is it's twenty-first year. We brought it to BYU during one of it's first years and I helped bring the show in but we were so busy helping put it on that I didn't sit down and enjoy it. I didn't even really get to see much of it so I didn't know much about it until I watched it tonight. It was SO nice!

At the end of the show the author just talked really personally with the audience and sang a bit and then he did a really nice tribute song he wrote just for Emilie Parker, the little 6 year old who shot last week in Connecticut who was originally from Utah. It was so touching.

It was also nice to have an evening out with Rob. Mom and Dad kept an eye on the kids until Megan could get there to watch them. Then she put them to bed. THANKS SO MUCH!!

After the show Rob and I went and did a little midnight Christmas shopping. It seems to be the only time we can go together! We are getting closer to getting things done. Yay! We only have a few days left! Hope you are close to being done too! Merry Ho Ho! Night all!

No comments: