Sunday, December 16, 2012

THE REASON FOR THE SEASON

Rob nor I made it out of our house today. Unfortunately that meant we missed going to church. Rob's been on-call this week and was out till nearly 3 a.m. with a call. I was up until he came home because I have a hard time sleeping when he is not here. I made myself busy going over things that needed done for Christmas until he came home.

I got up early with the kids while he slept in and then I napped this afternoon while he took care of them. Neither one of us were good for much today. Though tonight after dinner we had a nice Family Home Evening with Carly and Jonathon to talk about the true meaning of Christmas. We read them a storybook about  Joseph and Mary and Christ's birth and then let them watch a kid's movie about it, too. We tried to really impress upon their young minds that while Santa Claus is really fun and presents are too, the whole reason we celebrate this time of year is because of our Savior's birth.

It's hard at that age to understand much beyond the glitter and toys but I am going to try really hard to find some little way each day to help remind them of the real reason for the season. :D

No comments: