Sunday, March 10, 2013

MY HUSBAND IS A TURKEY

loving guy! I had a turkey in the freezer I decided to cook today. Rob helped which always makes me happy. Rob has been making the Thanksgiving Turkey for years and it is one of the things, as chief cook and bottle washer, I was happy to hand off to him. One of the things I have always hated about cooking the Thanksgiving turkey is having to pick the carcass clean afterward. I've never liked that part of handling the turkey. It just seems icky and I would always leave it until the very last thing possible. Rob just gets it done. In fact, he does everything from thawing to stuffing it, baking, timing, slicing, cleaning to finally taking the poor bones to the trash! You have to love a guy who is willing to do all that--especially at Thanksgiving when all the big games are playing! Aw, I just plain LOVE this guy period--turkey or no turkey!

The best part though, and this is just another one of those things that solidifies in me that we were absolutely made for each other, (wait for it) -- Rob only likes the dark meat and I only like the white meat! How perfect is that?! It is a match made in Heaven! Yah, that's what I think, too! Well, there you go. You've been blogged for the day. Don't you feel like a little turkey now? :) LOL!

No comments: