Wednesday, March 27, 2013

HERE'S TO HOPING!

Today was a catch-up day -- and as hard as I tried, I didn't. Lol. It seems like whenever you go away, even for a day or two things pile up. We went away tired and came back exhausted. Although, we still managed to accomplish quite a bit. Even though our trip was to attend a funeral and was emotional for us, we managed to have a good time with our kids. We met up with Julie and she watched the kids while we went to the viewing. She took them swimming at the hotel. Then we got them dinner and we came back and went swimming with the kids, too. Julie spent the night with us so we stayed up late and gabbed. In the morning after breakfast, Rob and the kids ran Julie to her first class while I finished getting ready and packing things up.

My sister Susan was nice enough to watch the kids for us during the funeral. They really like their Aunt Susan. They had a good time at her house and they love playing with her dog Coco. We picked them up and took them to the luncheon with us after the grave-side part of the service and burial.

By the time we got home yesterday, I think around 4:30 or 5:00, we were so wasted! We all laid down for a nap and woke up at 8:00 p.m.. Crazy, eh?!

It has been really nice here the last few days--in the upper 50's and it is supposed to be in the 60's the rest of the week. Maybe Spring has finally Sprung! That would be so nice! My tulips and daffodils would love it! I would love it! Here's to hoping!

Well, better get myself to bed so I can be up when the munchkins wake up in the morning. I think it would be prudent! Otherwise I could end up with Crayola Wainscoting throughout the house and that just wouldn't do! Lol! Make it a good day!

No comments: