Tuesday, January 15, 2013

WOULDN'T YOU KNOW IT . . .

I recommitted to my diet today . . . and it took every ounce of willpower I had to stick to it. I've restarted it four times in the last week alone. I wouldn't worry about it so much but my clothes feel tight and I really don't want to go up a size. It's not like I want to lose a huge amount of weight; I just want to lose the ten pounds I have put on (and keep fighting with) and keep it off. I think that is a pretty reasonable goal.

Anyway, I'd made it through the morning without cheating, gotten into my exercise clothes, put the kids down for a nap and was heading for the treadmill when the doorbell rang and there stood a darned girl scout selling girl-scout cookies! I've lived here for nearly 8 years and have NEVER seen a real, live girl scout on my porch! What are the odds? I mean seriously! I'll tell you that girl doesn't know how lucky she was that she wasn't carrying any cookies on her today! Lol! It really is a good thing those cookies don't arrive in the state until March! Hopefully by then I will be svelte enough to consume the dozen boxes I ordered! That's right, she hit the mother lode! She walked right into the home of a dieting, sugar-deprived woman in her fifties and got one sweet order! Well, at least you know now where that ten pounds came from and why I need to get it off! Hahaha!

P.S. Don't bother me in March. I will either be in the middle of my sugar feast or my sugar coma! Lol!

No comments: