Wednesday, January 2, 2013

FAMILIES ARE FOREVER

I got an early morning text from my sister Sarah this morning telling me some very sad news. One of our friends, Debbie (Sparks) Hancock, from home lost her father, Jim, unexpectedly during the night last night. Sarah and I are both so sad for Debbie and her family. We spent a lot of time together in our teen years and after with Debbie and her family and know how close they were. It's never easy to lose someone you love but it's so much harder when their death is unexpected.

We love you Debbie and are thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers. Please know we are here for you if you need us.

It is times like this that I really want to share my strong conviction that we can be with our families forever. I believe that is part of God's plan for us. I believe it is one of the main reasons our Savior laid down his life for us so we could have the opportunity to live again. We have a wonderfully loving Father in Heaven who has a plan for us if we live worthy to return to him. We are his children and he loves us and wants us to come home to him. I know with all my heart that Debbie will see her Dad again.

God is real and he loves us very much and wants us to find our way home to him. 






No comments: