Tuesday, January 8, 2013

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

One of my friends has a dialogue page he where he invites others input on different topics each day. Some days the topics are pretty dicey and can get tempers boiling. Other days they make people dig deep and stretch their thinking. Yesterday, my friend put up a quote that while it didn't get as much discussion as some of his other topics, got my attention and has stuck with me. Here is the quote:

"What if all you had today was what you thanked your Heavenly Father for last night?" 
                                                                                                                                 - Ted Dymock

For some reason that really struck a chord in me. I've listened to talks about giving thanks in our prayers--and I do give thanks in mine but probably not to the degree I should. Generally, I spend more time asking for blessings of health and protection for my loved ones. And we have been commanded to pray for "every needful thing" but it is also a good reminder to me that we have also been told to "give thanks in all things."

I guess what I am trying to say tonight is how grateful I am for all the blessings the Lord has given me. I am especially grateful for a friend who made me conscious of a need to thank my Father in Heaven daily and specifically for the beautiful gifts of home, family, freedom, employment, plenty and so many other amazing gifts all around me. 

God bless.



No comments: