Saturday, January 19, 2013

WOODPECKER - THE SEQUEL

Today we went a-visitin'. We had lots of things to do in Provo so we made our way there this afternoon, picked up our baby girl (our oldest one-the college student) and started making the rounds. We went to see Rob's mom, dropped some things by Aunt Susan's, and another friend's house and then visited with some other dear friends.

As you can imagine, the little ones were so happy to see their big sis--and so sad to leave her at the end. It's always so emotional for them. They miss her so much. She is in the second week of her semester and seems to be doing really well.

We did sneak a break for dinner in the middle of all our visiting and took Julie to Cafe Rio, one of our favorite restaurants. That means I broke my diet, but hopefully, I can get back on it tomorrow. I've been really doing well so I don't want to blow it too badly!

Grandma made some molasses cookies today. Thankfully, I am not tempted in the slightest by molasses cookies. I was not raised on molasses anything. So, it's not a flavor I enjoy. The kids love them, though. Jono ate 3 of them before he went to bed and Carly had 2.

The sun was out today so it felt warmer even though it was still only around 20 degrees. When we got back home tonight, our woodpecker was back. We haven't seen her since the first night I mentioned her about a week ago. We decided not to put the light back up to warm her since we think it may have over-warmed her and chased her away last time. Plus, it got down to -2 that night and it's a blazing 16 degrees here tonight so we think she will be just fine! Lol! I guess we will see in the morning!

Night all.



No comments: