Wednesday, October 5, 2011

WHAT IF . . .

You woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?! (Author unknown to me) Wow, I saw this today and it really made me stop and think. My Father in Heaven is so good to me and the ratio of time I spend talking to Him versus the humans I know is just way to low. I really pondered this quote and realized how little gratitude we (I) show some days for all He has given me and it made me spend a little more time on my knees today. I just wanted to share it with you and I hope it blesses you the way it did me. Mom and Dad are heading to Idaho today to see Sarah and her family. Please pray with us that they will have a safe trip. They only plan to be there a couple of days and then they will head back. Well, tonight the cold, wind and rain swept in. I am hopeful the snow will stay high in the mountains for a bit. Earlier today while it was still fairly warm, I cleaned up the yard and the garden. I brought in the lawn chairs and all the fun summer stuff. The kids were pretty sad. Who knows, maybe this will be a short blast of cold an we will get a reprise of summer for a bit. They would be happy if that happened. Carly helped Grandpa and I plant tulip bulbs the other night and now she asks me about every other hour if our flowers are growing yet. I keep telling her they won't show up until after the snow. Then she asks me if it has snowed yet or if it is going to snow soon so her flowers show up. Oh my, it is going to be a long Winter. Gah! LOL!

No comments: