Tuesday, October 18, 2011

MY BROKEN HEARTED MONSTER

Julie had a Young Women's program and dinner at the church tonight for parents to attend. It is a night when they get to show off their talents to parents and leaders. The Young women range in several ages so they also had a nursery available for parents who also had little ones. We planned to take Carly to the nursery but knew we couldn't take Jonathon because of possible germs so I asked Grandma and Grandpa if they would watch him. I was going to try to sneak out without him realizing we were leaving but that didn't even sorta-kinda happen. When he got wind we were leaving without him his little heart shattered all over the place. Then it turned into a full blown tantrum. Grandma finally had to peel him off of me--with my help. It took both of us to undo his little fingers from my arms. I guess he cried and cried and cried so hard that Grandma had to help him blow his nose three times. And he's a pretty good little nose blower--so you know it was serious! Anyway, the tantrum went on and on and seemed to have no end in sight. When I called home to check and see how he was doing, Mom told me that finally Grandpa had to sit up on the bed and really use his "DAD VOICE" on him like he used to do to us kids. Once he did that and told him in no uncertain terms that it was time to settle down, he stopped immediately and began to behave. I told her the program was almost through and we would hurry. She told me not to worry that once Grandpa let Jonathon know who was in charge they were best friends again. Lol. I walked in Grandma and Grandpa's bedroom after we got home to bring them some cake from the dinner. Grandpa just looked up at me over the top of his glasses and said, "You know, we earned that." Lol!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you okay? You haven't published for a week. Char