Thursday, October 29, 2009

NOT YET MOM!

This morning Dad, Mom and I had to be out of the house early as Dad had a doctor appointment in a bigger city about 45 minutes from our home at 8:00 a.m. They wanted us to be there by twenty minutes before to check-in. No biggie. Yah, right--we had to get up so early to get ready we considered going the night before and camping out in the parking lot! I guess we're getting old, eh?

Rob got to play Mr. Mom and dropped Carly off to a play date with her friend Issac so his Mom, my friend Robin, could watch her. Then he dropped Jonathon off to another woman who really wanted to keep him. She's a sweet lady who just wanted to hold and rock him.

All was well until I went to pick up Carly. While we were gone some of her other friends joined the playdate and the last thing my little social butterfly wanted to do was GO HOME. She was NOT happy to see me! So, I let her stay for a while longer and went back for her later when all the other kids went home. Still, even later she was mad I was there to stop her fun and she cried all the way out the door and fought while I was putting her in her car seat. My little girl loves to be with her friends! I guess that's pretty normal, though.

I feel bad, too because she hasn't seen any of her little friends for about a month. I've purposely kept her home from her nursery class at church because she's been sick and because I don't want her to catch something else and bring it home to Jonathon. Carly never wants to leave her nursery class when it's over either. Poor thing is being socially starved at the moment--at least by her standards--which for a 20 month old are incredibly high.

No comments: