Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A NO NAP DAY

I actually got enough sleep last night that I didn't need a nap today. That hasn't happened since Jonathon was born unless Rob or one of the girls took care of him for me and gave me the night off. I even accomplished a few things today--not everything I wanted to, of course, but more than I expected to!

I'm not sure what the difference was because I got up with Jonathon several times but he ate and went back to sleep pretty quickly each time--or took his pacifier instead. He's been losing so many bottles that sometimes that's what he does instead.

Today has been a bad day for him losing bottles (i.e. formula). I don't think he kept a whole bottle down all day long. Even tonight I got all or part of every one I fed him back. But the doctors told us not to panic as long as he is having wet diapers--and he is having plenty of those, even some dirty ones. So, we are trying not to panic. He is evidently keeping some of the food he eats down. It's just so hard to watch your little baby vomit up everything you feed him and still want more.
I feel so bad for him and I don't know what to do. I just wish he would start feeling better.

I've cleaned out his nose with that little rubber suction thing as well as I can. He just hates it! Plus, I can't tell that it makes much of a difference in his breathing. Poor little guy. I never knew a cold could be this hard on a baby. Please say a prayer for Jonathon that he will get well quickly. He needs all the help he can get and so do we.

No comments: