Sunday, February 24, 2013

OUT WITH THE OLD . . .

As you can see I've been busy remodeling the place. I hope you like it. I am not quite finished but Hubby is threatening to go to sleep without me so I am closing up shop for the night. I still have some things to add and rearrange but they will have to wait until tomorrow.

The kids have both been catching colds so I had planned to stay home from church with them today but when Rob woke up he didn't feel well either so we all ended up at home for the day. We got a lot of snow yesterday but just a dusting overnight and it had all started to melt some this afternoon.

Tonight for dinner I made Mahoney's Coney's - that's right, the ones from the old Root Beer stand back home. They weren't perfect but they were pretty darn close. There is one brand ingredient that isn't made anymore so I used a different brand and it made them a little sweet so Mom and I doctored them a little until they were just right! I was pretty impressed with myself for doing as well as I did and Rob and the kids even liked them. Rob had never had anything like them before so I wasn't sure what he would think. He is used to plain old chili dogs.

Well, that's all for tonight. If you have any suggestions for my new format, let me know.


No comments: