Wednesday, February 27, 2013

BE KIND, BE GENEROUS, BE LOVING, BE GOOD

My mom liked a YouTube video on Facebook today and I went to look at it and by the time I finished watching it I had tears in my eyes. I guess I've heard the story too many times about my Dad being the basketball team manager during his junior high years and just working his heart out and wishing for his chance to play because things like this cut really deep with me. I love to see an underdog come out strong. I love to see someone get their chance and win. I am so grateful for the coach who gave my Dad his chance to play and I love the coach who gave this boy his shot. And you'll love this video--there's another person in this video you will love just as much, if not more than the coach. It's worth your time to watch.

If I've learned anything from my parents, it is to be generous with those who don't appear to have as much going for them--because it is the right thing to do, and sometimes, they will surprise you with their talents. Right, Dad?!





No comments: