Monday, December 19, 2011

TODAY IS THE DAY

Mom's surgery is scheduled for 7:20 a.m. Mountain time. I have to have her there at 6:00 a.m. She is the first one on the schedule. I think they think they are doing us a favor by putting us first (and maybe they are because they are fresh) but it is awfully early! They did that to us with Dad's surgeries too. He was always first. I guess they like us. I will post as soon as Mom comes out of surgery and we know something. I had a ton to do today and planned to go shopping with the kids in tow this morning. Before Rob left I asked him to give them a stern lecture about behaving. I haven't been able to take them anywhere without them throwing major tantrums lately. If it's not one, it's the other. Jonathon has been worse but they both do it. So, Rob gave them the "What for!" You know--the basics, i.e., no unbuckling yourself in the cart, no getting out of the cart, no hitting each other, no screaming, no yelling, no crying, no asking for things, no hitting mom, no going through her purse, no throwing things out of the cart, no undressing, etc., etc., etc. All the while he was talking to them one or the other of us would ask them, "Do you understand?" They would both shake their heads yes or answer "Yes." We did this several times to make sure they understood if they wanted to go "Bye-bye" they had to mind and follow the rules. They at least acted like they were getting it. About ten minutes after this discussion, Carly and I were out in the living room and she turned to me and said, "Mommy, did Daddy say we were going to Chucky Cheese?" Um,yah. Why do we waste our breath? I dunno. Lol! :) p.s. I didn't take the kids shopping. Carly decided to store her new black star crayon her Sunday School teacher gave her in the toe of her footie pajamas. She didn't bother to tell me that until I was freaking out about the huge black stains all over the clothes coming out of the dryer and all over the dryer drum. And Jonathon decided to get ahold of the Tilex bottle from my bathroom and spray it all over the back of my couch. So yah, I waited until big sister came home from school and they were napping cuz my patience was already gone. Wouldn't have been prudent. Gah! :/

No comments: