Monday, May 13, 2013

NEW NEWS!

My Aunt Kaye is going home tomorrow (Tuesday). Yay! She still needs a lot of care and help but she is excited to be able to leave the hospital for more familiar surroundings--and this time for much more loving care. They are going to have some in home help - and thankfully, they will be able to monitor and direct any care she is given. We are really hoping and praying she can fully recover and have some great days ahead with family.

I spent the day with service guys working on our air conditioner and duct system in the house. Almost a week ago we noticed the house feeling warmer than usual. Rob checked it out and sure enough the AC was blowing warm, not cool air. I made an appt. for someone to come service it but the soonest they could get here was today--so, as it got hotter and hotter--so did we. The temperature rose 5 degrees today alone. That's the worst it's been--and I'm glad we didn't have to go another day. They fixed the AC first thing this morning but we were also having them clean out our duct system which took them about 6 hours to do--and the air conditioning has to be shut completely off to do that. By the time he finished cleaning out the ducts, it was 88 degrees in the house. It is now almost 1:00 a.m. and it is just now cooling down into the mid 70's in the house. YIKES! I don't know how people did it before air conditioning! I got NOTHING done today. I sat and stared at my computer while I nearly sweat to death! Lol. I never would have made it as a pioneer!

Well, think I will try to get some sleep now that I can actually think about sleeping underneath the blankets tonight! What a nice thought. Night all.
 







No comments: