Saturday, May 11, 2013

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

You may have heard by now but yesterday was kind of disastrous for my Aunt Kaye. The hospital had dismissed her to a rehabilitation/care center and they were supposed to work with her until she could safely go home. Bob and Ronda toured it before they allowed them to place her there and thought if would be a safe place. It seemed nice enough. They got her settled and went home for the night. When they came back the next morning they had to call 911 and have Kaye transported to the hospital. She had chest pains and wasn't breathing well and was in really poor shape.

Kaye was released to the rehab/care center with a peg tube because she couldn't eat or drink yet. She could not pass a swallow test. The danger with eating or drinking is that the food or liquid could be aspirated to her lungs. Well, unfortunately someone in the rehab/care center gave her liquids and she has pnuemonia. They are treating her really aggressively now--but it has been really scary. Her confusion was back and it has been very upsetting. So if you would please keep her and her family and my mom in your prayers it would be much appreciated.

On a lighter note--I just want to wish all of you sweet Mom's out there a very Happy Mother's Day! I hope you have a terrific day! And a special Happy Mother's Day to my own Mom, whom I love very, very much! I'm so grateful to have been blessed with not only a terrific Mom but a very dear friend. I love you Mom!

No comments: