Sunday, May 12, 2013

A VERY NICE DAY!

It's been such a nice day. We went to church this morning and the little kids all sang a medley in Sacrament meeting for the moms. It was pretty cute--it was fun to have both Carly and Jono up there for the first time. I taught today but then in the next meeting they had cookies and punch for the moms at the end. They just made us feel like royalty.

Then I came home and today is also my brother-in-law's birthday so I had offered to cook him his favorite meal--so I made a couple of lasagne's. One of my daughter's, Megan came over and helped make a big salad and then my sister Susan brought my younger daughter, Julie up from school. My daughter Sara called from Oregon and I had a really nice talk with her and her husband. Rob and the little ones doted on me today--it was just really a nice day.

Mom had me and Susan here and Sarah called. Bottom line -- we ate way too much food, had terrific company and got to spend time with family. You really can't ask for much more than that.

An update on Kaye--she is doing a little better. She still hasn't passed a swallow test. She has been about three weeks without liquids (other than what the care center gave her--bad care center!) and is having to have them intravenously. She is kind of cranky about that--as you can imagine any of us would be. They are treating her aggressively to try to get rid of the pneumonia but she is very weak. Prayers are still very much needed. Thanks so much for your concern and help.


No comments: