Monday, July 23, 2012

BLESS YOUR HEART

Today I had one of those moments when as a mommy I was so proud I almost cried. I had fixed lunch and was hurrying to get things done so we could get the kids down for a nap. We were planning to take the kids for a fun outing later in the day so wanted them to have a nap first. Anyway, I had lunch on the table and the kids there ready to eat. I asked who wanted to say the blessing and Carly spoke up and asked me if she could say it all by herself. I was surprised because she used to love to say prayers (always with help) but for the last several months she has been really shy and reticent about saying them. So, lately when I ask it has been like pulling teeth to get her to take her turn. She has never asked to say them all by herself so I don't know what brought this on but it made me very proud.

I tried not to act surprised and I told her I would love for her to say the blessing by herself. Then, we all bowed our heads and folded our arms and Carly prayed this blessing:

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank you for my family. Thank you for my mommy and daddy. Thank you for my sisters and my brother. Thank you for my Grandma and Grandpa and for my other Grandma. Thank you for our food. Please bless it. Help us be good. We love you and we love Jesus. In Jesus name, Amen

Wow. I was really overwhelmed at my grown up little four year old. Julie was in the kitchen with me when this happened and she can attest that I was struck with amazement. It was a minute or so until I really wanted to say anything--but I did give Carly great big hugs and kisses and tell her how proud I am of her and how proud I know her Heavenly Father is of her. The spirits coming to earth in these last days are such strong, amazing individuals. I am truly blessed to be this little girl's mom and I thank the Lord for her every single day!


No comments: