Wednesday, July 11, 2012

ALL OF THE ABOVE

Hahaha! Today one of my friends who has had grandchildren visiting for several weeks called to ask me "How I do it?" I laughed out loud--because some days I honestly don't know how I am going to get through the day with everything on my plate.

My friend went on to explain how worn out she is and how much work it has been than she expected. She has taken time off work to help care for her grand kids while they are here and she said it's been really mind opening--(or was that mind-numbing?)  Anyway, she has a lot of respect for her daughter, and me and other mom's who spend their days raising their children. She was just having a moment and wondered how - on those difficult days we get through them.

Well, if this is a multiple choice test, my answer is "All of the above." It's the only answer, for me, that fits. I get through it by laughing, crying, praying for guidance, playing with them, sometimes yelling (not my best suit), giving time outs, pleading with them to behave and do what's right, NAPS--always nap when they do if you can, and threatening them with Daddy. Oh, I know that's not cool--but sometimes it's the only thing that works. In our home it's called: Mad, Madder. Maddest. Dad! Lol!

At any rate--you can see I don't have all the answers. I am on the "learn as I go" and "learn from other's mistakes" plans. And in that process, I'm really hoping to raise productive, healthy citizens--or at the very worst -- not screw them up too badly. :0




No comments: