Monday, June 13, 2011

THREE CHEERS FOR GUMBY!

Went to physical therapy again today. They added some new things. They are starting to strength train my arm and shoulder. It's so weird but I really have no strength at all in that arm. I noticed it over the weekend when I tried to help lift things for our yard sale. I guess they already expected that because strength training was on the docket! We started with two pound weights today! Lol! I feel a bit like a wimp but after 30 reps I understood why we started with two pounds. It was plenty!

However, they did tell me they have never seen anyone get 100% range of motion back as quickly as I did. It usually takes months, I guess and mine was back within a week. Yay for my Gumby like body! I always have been really flexible. I'm guessing that somehow helped. :/

Tomorrow is my sister Susan's birthday. I won't say how old she is but she is older than me! Ha! Mom and Dad are planning to go down and take her to lunch, I think. That will be a nice get away for them.
Susan is an hour from here.

Everyone is doing pretty well right now. We will cross our fingers, knock on wood and say our prayers that it stays that way! Nothing else to report here. Have a lovely Tuesday everyone.

No comments: