Monday, June 6, 2011

MY YUCKY DAY

This will be short because I am exhausted. It's been a very frustrating day although in the end things worked out.

This morning I left the house at nine a.m. to take Julie about an hour from here to a youth conference. I planned to check her in and turn around and come right back home because I had a physical therapy appointment. Well, the check-in was the worst organized check-in I've ever been to in my life. There were thousands of kids going to this youth conference and she had to wait in a very long line to get what we thought was her packet or what she needed for the week. That's what happened last year. Well, we waited in that very long line and she got her ID card, then they sent her to another long line to get her notebook. From there they sent her to another long line to get her T-shirt. Are you getting the picture? Yah, after that she still had to get her packet and her key. Yep, two more long lines. GAH!!!

Then, I had to drive her to her dorm room. They forgot to mention the construction that blocked the normal route in. So, that took time while we took the wrong way and then finally found the detour route. :(

Finally got her dropped off :) and realized I probably would not make it to my appointment on time. :( So, I stopped and got the kids something to eat and called to see if I could re-schedule for an hour later. They said yes. I start the car to leave and the hot temperature light comes on on the car! No Way! I call Rob and can't get ahold of him--so I sit there in a McDonald's parking lot with 2 toddlers hoping the engine will cool if I leave it off long enough.

Since I couldn't get Rob, I called Dad. He said it wasn't something I should try to drive with unless I'd had it checked out. Luckily I wasn't far from my sister Susan's house so once the engine cooled I made it there without any problem. Mom and Dad were almost out the door to come and rescue us when we found a shop that could look at it right away. Although, right away took several hours still. Anyway, they checked everything out and couldn't find anything wrong so I was able to finally get back on the road to come home around 5:00 p.m. Traffic was really bad so we pulled in just before 6:30. Got home with 2 cranky kids and a pretty good headache but in the end things turned out fine. My PT place let me re-schedule my appointment so even that worked out.

On a happier note, Rob and I are celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary tomorrow! He makes me so happy! I love you Sweetheart! :)

No comments: