Wednesday, June 1, 2011

GREAT NEWS!

Ned's stepson Larry was treated and released back to his company. One other in the vehicle was treated and released as well and two others were flown to Germany for treatment. None of the wounds were severe. Ned said the vehicle took the worst of the explosion. Thank goodness! What a blessing. Thanks for all the prayers and please keep them going for all these young men (and women) in uniform.

I made it through my shoulder surgery today. They sent me for physical therapy this afternoon and every other day this week. I was pretty sore when I came out of surgery but already had more range of motion than when I went in.

I did great at the PT's office and they said that was a really good sign. I was supposed to do another set of the exercises tonight before bed. I did and I thought I was going to die! I was so sore I couldn't believe it. Of course, this morning when I went to PT, I had major pain meds in me from the hospital still. Tonight, I just had Tylenol. It wasn't a match for the swelling and pain. But, I still did pretty darn good with range of motion! It just took me a few tears to get there. :( Hopefully, a good night's rest will take down some of the swelling and tomorrow will be a little easier. I am determined to my full range of motion back.

Well, that's about all I paid attention to today. Is that bad? Seriously, though, thanks to my Mom who kept everything afloat at home and my cute hubby who helped me out all day! More later. N.

No comments: