Thursday, January 6, 2011

YOU CAN'T HOLD THEIR HANDS FOREVER . . . CAN YOU?

Julie is going on her first airplane ride tomorrow. Don't know who is more nervous, her or her mom? She is in debate this year at school and they are going to a tournament in California. They leave tomorrow and get back early next week. She is really excited. It's her first big trip of this kind and they get to go to Disneyland while they are there. I would have been so excited to do something like this when I was in high school. So, I know how she must feel. I just never realized how the parents must feel when the kids go. It's such a different perspective from this side of things. It's interesting getting the crash course in things like this, though it's beginning to come naturally. Either way, I don't like it. I was already a pretty good worrier before I had children. Now I'm a blue ribbon champ!

BTW, think she would mind if I came along in case she gets scared and wants to hold my hand?

1 comment:

Cheraee said...

I still worry about my daughter, and she's in her 30s and lives in another state!