Monday, January 3, 2011

OUR VERY GOOD, VERY BAD, VERY LONG DAY!

This morning all was going well. Carly was watching her cartoons like normal. Jonathon was eating in his highchair and watching too. I was sitting on the couch doing the same and reading my email. Carly began dancing with one of the Dora songs and twirling around. Apparently, she twirled one too many times because she lost her balance and came crashing down hard on the edge of our glass coffee table. It shocked both of us--well, probably Bubby too, but I didn't take time to look back at him. I just grabbed her and ran to the bedroom with her where Rob was. She was crying so hard. I felt so bad for her. I couldn't tell until I got to the bedroom that she had cut her head on the table.

Her cut is near her eyebrow and is only about a half inch long but is somewhat deep and it bled pretty good. Rob cleaned her cut up and bandaged it. We got her calmed down and she was so cute after that. She kept telling me "Mommy, I O.K. and I not too hurt."

We took her to the doctor and instead of putting stitches in opted for the Super Glue. It supposedly leaves less of a scar. The Dr. Super-glued it shut in no time. It closed perfectly and she only cried a little--mostly when they were cleaning and disinfecting it. They put a Snoopy band aid over it and we were done! Carly was so cute and polite with the doctor and nurse. I just love my baby girl so much! It hurt my heart to see her scared and in pain today. But there is nothing that compares to the feeling of being the one she wants to hold her when she is feeling that way. Nope. Nothing. :)


P.S. I now know I could never have been a doctor. Never could handle my Super Glue without gluing my fingers to something or at the very least having it stuck all over my fingers for days! Should of seen how smooth this doc was with his tube of S.G.--not a drop anywhere but where he wanted it. Slick as a whistle. A true professional! Lol!

P.S.S. Grandpa went for another shoulder check-up today. He has to do more exercises. Actually, I guess we are supposed to torture him a bit. In order to get the motion or movement he has to have a little help. We have to be behind him when he is laying down and pull his arm over his head to stretch his reach a bit. The Dr. wants to see him again in a month. The good news is that this shoulder is doing well enough that Dad now says that his other shoulder has become his bad shoulder. So it sounds like this was a successful surgery to him! Yay!

Well, that's all for today. Night all! N.

No comments: