Saturday, January 22, 2011

DON'T REPEAT, RELOAD!

(Sorry everyone--I tried for a half an hour to post this last night and my blog site was having problems. So, I trying again right now. Here goes!)


A little bit ago I went to load the last few dirty dishes in the dishwasher and run it for tonight. I opened the door and to my surprise and horror it had been unloaded and put away. Normally, that would be a nice surprise--but these were all DIRTY dishes! ICK!

I knew immediately it was my teenager trying to be good and surprise me. Well, she did--surprise me, that is! My problem was that we hadn't done a ton of cooking for the last couple of days so it was two full days of dishes and I couldn't for the life of me remember what had been in there. There was no way I could just start pulling the right things from the cabinets. Plus, e-gads, what to do about the silverware! I had to go wake her up and have her come pull out what she had put away. Frustration!

I got her up. She said "I thought it was clean. It looked pretty clean." Well, in truth, I do rinse everything off pretty well but, that doesn't mean I'd want to eat off it again unless it had been washed really well first.

So, Julie pulled everything out of the cabinets that she'd put away and I reloaded. I decided to re-wash all the silverware too. No telling where to start and where to stop--so might as well just clean it all.

Sent Julie back to bed and restarted the dishwasher. Hopefully, we got everything and there are no germs left behind. Hey, wasn't that a government program?

No comments: