Saturday, June 26, 2010

WE'RE DONE! WE'RE DONE!

It's time to do a big rain dance! We finished our flower beds and gardens today and they look fantabulous! I didn't get any pictures because it was near dark when we finished but I will try to take some tomorrow. Wow, what a project! We are getting lots of comments on how nice they look, though. My mom deserves the most credit--even though my Dad is the architect, my mom did the hardest work. The ground out here is so hard and full of rocks that it has been a real tough project to get the dirt ready to plant anything. Lots of blood, sweat and tears went into making these gardens look nice. Thanks Dad and Mom (and Julie!)

I did something fun today with Rob and his brother Steve. We went shooting. The last time I shot a gun I was 18 years old--so it's been like 20 years. Lol! OK, just kidding. It's been a lot longer than that. Anyway, we went target shooting and I actually didn't do that bad. I'm not saying I'm going into police work anytime soon but I managed to at least hit somewhere on the target once in a while. Lol! I do think I may be a little sore tomorrow from the "kick" of the guns. It definitely won't be an everyday activity.

On the way home, we stopped and bought a kid's sprinkler we could let Carly play in. I sprayed the hose the other night in a way that she could run through it like a sprinkler and she loved it. So, I thought I would get her one of those sprinklers she could run through and play in. Sure enough, she loved it! She didn't want the fun to stop! But, bedtime always comes--just like now. It's time. Catch you tomorrow. N.

No comments: