Thursday, June 17, 2010

GOODBYE THURSDAY. I HARDLY KNEW YOU WERE HERE.

Wow, I had to look at the calendar just now to see what day it was. Who knew it was Thursday already? Certainly not me! This week went by quickly! At least it did for me.

Grandpa had a check-up with his regular doctor today. When he got home I asked him what the doctor said and he told me, "She likes me." "Duh," I said. I had to wait for Grandma to get the real story which was pretty simple. Grandpa is doing fine. The doc was impressed with how well he is doing--and truthfully (this is me speaking now) she does like him. He makes her laugh.

The weather straightened itself up today and got really nice outside. It was a gorgeous sunshiney day! Of course, I didn't go out into it until evening but it was still really nice tonight.

I walked ten miles on my treadmill today after I made the mistake of getting on my scales this morning and finding I was two pounds heavier than yesterday! Does that sound a little obsessive? Okay, a lot? Yah, I know. But I'm having some of those days when no matter what you do you can't seem to lose weight. In fact, you wake up and you are two or three pounds heavier than the day before even though you didn't eat enough calories for that to happen. It is so frustrating! I just thought I needed to do something to shake my body up a little. I'm hoping ten miles is shaky enough.

When that happens to Rob he just waits a day or two and re-weighs himself and the weight is gone. He doesn't have to exercise or eat differently. What would that be like? I want a metabolism like that!

Well, tonight is the night. Rob moved Jonathon's crib out of our bedroom this afternoon. I don't know who this is going to be harder on--Mommy or son. I know it will make it so much better and easier when he learns to sleep through the night on his own. It's just that having him in another room and all is going to be both good and bad when he crys and I am not there to soothe him. He is going to be really sad and that makes me sad. I guess this is all part of growing up. Well, wish us luck. I think we are going to need it. Tomorrow is a new day--and apparently it's FRIDAY! :} Have a terrific Friday everyone!

No comments: