Friday, December 11, 2009

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW . . .

Hey, we might as well sing about it--not like we can control it. Just saw the weather and they said that minimum by Sunday we will have between 2-5 inches on the ground and it could be more. The benches could have 6-12 inches and the mountains are supposed to get 12-24 inches. It's supposed to start tomorrow afternoon and keep snowing into Sunday. Sounds like a fun weekend! It never really bothers me when it snows. I like the change of seasons and I especially love snow on the ground at Christmas time. My kids (older ones) on the other hand get cranky about it. I thought kids were supposed to like snow. They never have. Whine, whine, whine. It gets old. I say, if it's going to happen anyway you might as well enjoy it!

This is the first year Carly has really seen snow and she loves it. We haven't really had any snow of substance yet that she can get out in and learn how to build a snowman. I can't wait to see her do that. Hopefully, this weekend there will be enough to see her enjoy doing something fun in it.

Grandma and I went and did some more Christmas shopping this afternoon. Just a few quick things. Slowly but surely we are knocking things off our list. Well, Grandma is much farther ahead than I am. Not that it's a race but if it were she'd be winning. lol!

I made a scrumptious dinner tonight; swiss steak and homemade mashed potatoes. It was delish! Sad thing was Rob ended up having to work late enough that he had to just grab a quick McDonalds. What a drag. Good thing there are leftovers.

Did you hear that? Yah, me too. It's chocolate calling my name. I can't tell which direction it's coming from. I'd better go investigate. Talk to you later.

No comments: