Tuesday, December 29, 2009

CARLY'S CONVERSATION

We took one of our Christmas trees down today--the one we put our wooden toy soldiers in front of and all the presents under. When Carly went down for a nap the tree was still up and when she woke up it had been taken down. All that was left in the spot where it had been were the six toy soldiers our friend Joyce had made to represent each child in our family. Although, she didn't seem to notice them.

Carly said, "Mom, tree, gone." I said, "Yes, we took it down and put it away." She seemed to accept that and I didn't think anymore about it for awhile. Later I was in the kitchen doing something and I heard her talking to someone in the living room--I mean talking like she was actually having a conversation. I turned around to look and she was having her own little conversation with the toy soldiers. I almost laughed outloud. I probably would have except I didn't want to interrupt the conversation or embarrass her. Now, mind you, I couldn't understand what they were talking about. Lol! I have a such an adorable and interesting child!

No comments: