Saturday, July 27, 2013

SOME COOL FINDS

When Sarah was here on Friday we got to talking about some family history and it made me remember some large pictures and documents we'd brought from Mom and Dad's house for them but never opened. I've had them on top of tall piece of furniture still wrapped up the way they were for traveling and hadn't thought about them in a long time. We got them down and opened them and had some real treasures and great memories.

These first two pictures are my great grandparents on my mom's side. My mom never met her Grandma, though she is named for her, "Eva" Carolyn. She died the year before my mom was born. My Grandma adored her Mom and never really got over losing her. I should mention that these are not small photos we have, either. They are, I'm guessing, probably 16 x 20 or so larger and are on thick photo boards. 


Sanford Bock
Eva Evandale Shields Bock
Emma Jane Danhour



                                                          Emma is Eva's mother.  

This next piece of history is just as large--in fact they all are quite large pieces. I think our current society has become the incredible shrinking society, trying to see just how small we can make something whether we are downsizing computers or companies or rolls of toilet paper. Lol.

Anyway, this is my Grandmother Flint's Diploma. I've enlarged it here as much as I can so hopefully you can read some of it. Maybe on your computer page you can enlarge it further if you care to read  more of it. For those of us who are relatives it is a little more fascinating. :)
           

This one is my Grandparents (on my Mom's side) marriage license. Again, this is HUGE. I guess they didn't want you to miss the fact that you were getting married. Maybe that's why marriages used to last so much longer--because people used to make a bigger deal of what they were getting themselves into and take it more seriously.

Oscar Glenn Flint and Nellie Shields Bock Marriage License 1923



This last picture is from my Dad's side of the family. I know it is harder to see but I still wanted to post it. It is a picture of my Great Grandparents on my Dad's side and their first son. So, it is my Great Grandma and Grandpa Carson and my Great Uncle Bill.
Clarence Elmer and Mary Alice Gouge Carson and William (Bill Carson)

We were pretty excited to find these family treasures. Hope you enjoyed seeing a little of our family history. :)

No comments: