Wednesday, July 24, 2013

GRANDMA'S SURGERY

Hi All,

Just a short note. Most of you know my Mom is having surgery in this morning (Thursday) on her parathyroid. They found a small growth or lump a short time ago and are going to go in and remove one or more of her parathyroid glands. Now, I hope I said that right. Apparently, we have four of these and we can have up to three of them removed--so, they are going to go in and take somewhere between one and three of them out. She has a very well-respected surgeon who has done a large number of these surgeries. It is a two hour procedure and should be an out-patient one. I will let you know when we get home how she is doing. If any of you prefer a personal update, you can email me your phone number and I will call you and let you know how she is doing after surgery. If you prefer an email back, just say so and I will email you. My email is nancydyer27@gmail.com. Take care and keep my Mom in your prayers please.

No comments: