Thursday, October 18, 2012

WHERE'S THE BEEF?

My evening did not work out exactly as I planned. I was supposed to go can beef and pork tonight at a local cannery with a friend of mine. We had scheduled a shift together and it was about an hour drive away. I went to pick her up and couldn't find her. When I finally reached her on her cell phone she was at an amusement park with her kids. I was not amused . . . especially since I had reminded her last night and she told me she would arrange for a babysitter and be ready. Rob had taken the day off work so I could go so I felt pretty bad about it--although I really didn't want to make the drive by myself especially since by the time I found her and realized she wouldn't be coming with me I wouldn't have made it in time for the shift to start. It was pretty frustrating. I ended up calling the cannery and canceling the shift for both of us but I felt bad because I know they count on people to show up when they are scheduled.

Well, at least the kids were happy to see me when they woke up from their naps! I got some very happy hugs since they thought I was going to be gone all night and they were surprised I was home to get them up! That was nice. We ordered pizza for dinner and I was here for bath time. Sometimes it is the simple things that count the most--and it was nice to be home with my munchkins when I thought I was going to have a working evening out.

No comments: