Monday, October 1, 2012

MISSIN' JULIE

Today was a bit tortuous with the kids--fighting, screaming, tantrums. I was playing into the madness until I finally realized what was going on. My little ones are really missing their big sister Julie and are having such a hard time adjusting to her not living here anymore. It starts out as a tantrum over something silly but when they finally dissolve into a mess of tears it is all about missing Julie. The problem for me is I can't fix it.

I think it did help for them to go see where she is living and spend some time with her this weekend but it also re-awakened their emotions about her. I knew it was going to be hard for them when she went to school--I just didn't realize it would be this hard.

It was really cute when we got there and they first saw her. Julie just knelt down and they took off running toward her and grabbed her around the neck and held on tight! It was heartwarming to see how much all three of them loved each other! Here are a couple of pictures we took of them while we were together.


No comments: