Saturday, October 6, 2012

SOMEONE'S IN THE KITCHEN WITH . . .

I got a little ambitious today and made some delicious homemade salsa. It was my first try and I think it came out pretty well. Although, if I make it again I will try a different recipe. I don't think I've found the perfect recipe yet. I was excited to do something with the tomatoes from my garden besides make BLT's with them!

I also made a couple batches of chocolate chip cookies. I guess I was just in a mood to bake today. The kids didn't mind at all. They like being my testers.

This evening while Rob went to a meeting one of my friend's and I took our kids, picked up dinner and went to a park with them so they could play. They all had a good time. I couldn't believe how cold it got by the time it was dark. We were freezing when we all got back in the car. I checked the weather later and it said we had a hard freeze warning so I guess that makes sense. It's kind of hard to believe Winter is almost here. (Although--there was that ice storm in Greencastle already . . . NOT! Lol!)

Oh my, it's late and I think I am giddy and probably only funny to myself. I think I will put myself to bed now. Night all.

No comments: