Thursday, April 12, 2012

BUMMER OF A DAY

This has not been the best day. When Jono woke up this morning his breathing was really junky again. Poor little guy. He has gotten so much better and then out of no where this hits again. His normal treatments weren't helping much so by 1:00 I called the doctor and they had me bring him right in. I've had to keep a close eye on him all day and will have the monitor on him all night for sure. We are not sure if it's viral or a secondary infection causing his problem but regardless the doctor said I have a severely asthmatic child. That is just not the news you want to hear as a parent. We were so hoping he would grow out of this--and that doesn't make it sound like there is much hope he will.

On the positive side, at least we caught this episode early enough (I hope) to be able to take care of him here at home and not have to hospitalize him. I guess I will try to be happy with small victories for now.








No comments: