Monday, August 30, 2010

PROBABLY BETTER GET YOUR MONSTER STORY STRAIGHT . . .

in your mind before you start working it on the little ones. I thought I had done this but I didn't follow through. So, tonight as I'm putting Carly to bed she tells me she's scared of Monsters in her room. I told her there weren't any. (Years ago, I heard of one parent who got a spray bottle of plain water and labeled it Monster Spray and used it in her daughter's room at night to rid it of Monsters when she got scared.) I always thought I'd use this approach.

Not having the bottle fixed up and handy, I blundered stupidly when she told me again, "Mommy, Monsters in here, I scared." I said, "No, there aren't any Monsters in here, they all went home." Yah, say it with me, "UH OH"! This perked her little mind up and she got worried about the Monsters having a home and a Mommy and, okay well, you see where this is going. She wanted to have a long conversation about Monsters and their scary homes and Mommies and whatever else her little two and a half year old mind could come up with. Gah! This Mama started doing the Backtrack dance as fast as I could and it wasn't easy. Lol! Finally, I got her mind on something else, though and got out of Dodge. Can't wait till tomorrow though. I'm sure we will get to continue our monstrous conversation . . . Now where did I put that Monster Spray! :}

No comments: