Thursday, August 12, 2010

DOG EAT DOG DAYS

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. It was one of those "pulling my hair out" days. I had a ton to do around the house and the little kids were both throwing their share of tantrums. Julie was gone to Driver's Ed and the little ones both wanted only Mom to hold them all day and all night long. I couldn't get anything I needed to do done. It was beyond frustrating.

Here's just one story that illustrates how my day went. One situation after another mirrored this one. I am trying to multi-task. I have Jonathon in his high chair and am feeding him while mopping the kitchen and dining room floor. I have moved everything out of the kitchen and dining room except the kitchen table and his high chair so the floor is clear. Instead of moving the dog food bowls to the living room floor, I just sat them up on the kitchen table so I could mop around where they usually sat. Uh oh!

You guessed it! Jonathon was busy eating--or so I thought. I was busy mopping and all of the sudden I heard a loud noise. It was the dog water bowl hitting the floor. All I saw was the empty bowl on the floor and the happy smile on his face. Gah! I thought, "Well, no harm done. I'm mopping. I will just mop it up in a minute. I turned my back and kept mopping. Then I heard some other funny noises. It was my cute little boy playing in the water. Yep, splashing his hands, laughing and clapping in the fun little puddle he'd created in the high chair tray when he flipped the dog water bowl on top of it before it crashed to the ground. Yep, my boy has talent!

That's the kind of stuff my little ones pulled all day long yesterday. It's a wonder my hair isn't pure white today. (Well, if it was I would've colored it so fast your teeth would've rattled.) I'm just sayin' . . . :)

No comments: