Wednesday, March 17, 2010

UPDATE ON DAD

Dad's appointment with the surgeon went really well today. His surgeon was very impressed with his progress. He thought his incision looked really good. They removed the rest of his stitches and allowed him to discontinue using the support socks he has had on since the surgery. The fact that he did not get an infection in the wound or a blood clot was particularly pleasing to his doctor.

Dad's surgeon left it up to us and his rehab doctors/trainers to decide when he should return home. It will most likely be this weekend or sometime next week. He still has some work to do on the bend of his knee and on strengthening it. Keep you posted on that.

I did something for myself today! My friend Robin talked me into joining a gym with her. I have ten pounds that have been driving me absolutely crazy since July. I just haven't been able to get rid of them. Actually, I go up and down and it drives me nuts. If I have someone to go exercise with it will make it much easier and I will be more motivated. I hate my clothes feeling uncomfortable! If I could just keep that little quote in my head; "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." How come my taste buds always override that when it comes to those boxes of thin mints? Plus, those boxes have gotten so small now, I'm not convinced they really have any calories in them anymore! Anyone want to second that?

No comments: