Saturday, March 13, 2010

MORE ON DAD

I’ve been hanging out with Dad for the last four or five hours. It’s been a pretty mellow Saturday afternoon/evening. No physical or occupational therapy today. No real expectations. Dad’s been telling me stories from his childhood and high school days. I don’t know how he got away with the stuff he’s been telling me. MY DAD would have killed me! Hee, hee, hee! Actually, he was a pretty darn lucky son of a gun—most of the time. Sometimes, he really did catch it big time from his Dad.

For those of you wondering, he is still making progress. I had him out of his bed and sitting up in a chair on the side of his bed. He even had his legs crossed and he had the crossed leg sitting on top of his new knee! He really has very little pain in his knee. He just needs to get to 120 on the bend and he can be released to go home. He’s almost there. We think he has about another week to go.
Feel free to give him a call. It’s best to call on the Thatcher Brook phone line. People have been having a hard time hearing him on the cell phone. I think it’s just too small for him to talk into. Anyway, that number is 801-614-5700. He is in room 26. He goes for therapy twice a day so if you miss him just call back later. He loves to talk to his friends from back home!

No comments: