Sunday, March 14, 2010

LADY BUG

We have a cute stuffed lady bug that Carly sometimes plays with. She knows to call it a bug but the last two times she's played with it I've tried to teach her what kind of bug it is. Tonight, she brought it over to me and thinking I had told her enough times that she would remember now that it is a "Lady" bug I asked her what kind of bug it is. Carly didn't skip a beat. She said, "Dead bug, mommy!" Julie and I had a pretty good laugh over that one.

Jonathon is sick again. He has a bad cold which means he is struggling with respiratory problems again and we are giving him breathing treatments. It was bad enough Rob decided to take him to the doctor today (Sunday). He spent four hours from the time he left for the doctor's office until the time he came back with prescriptions. He did drop Jonathon off in between the office visit and getting the prescriptions but I felt really bad for him having to spend all that time out. Apparently, most pharmacies here close down on Sunday afternoons. He had to hunt down an open one two town's away and then the line was huge he had to wait in to get the prescriptions.

We have been so good to keep Jonathon and Carly in and away from anyone who could get them sick. I'm pretty sure he caught something at Rob's Dad's funeral. It was just hard to avoid people and even people who were sick came because it was the last time they could see him and mourn for him. I don't blame them. I would have done the same thing. I probably should have kept a mask on Jonathon but I didn't think about it. He was so healthy at the time and the weather was good. His little immune system just doesn't take much to get sick.

Grandpa had a pretty good day today. He's been a little grumpy lately but then I might be too if I were in his position. I think he will be very glad to get his rehab time over with and get home. I know Grandma will be.

No comments: