Sunday, March 21, 2010

I DON'T THINK WE HAVE ANY IDEA . . .

What has just hit us. I have a feeling we will begin to find out all too soon. Don't get me wrong-I think there are a few good things in this health care bill--but I think they are far outweighed by the horrible and horrendous. Wow. Our world is changing. Our liberties are changing. Just watch--under this president our government is going to take more and more control of our lives. Hopefully, we will not just sit back and take it. Hopefully, this will be the warning bell that wakes us up and makes us take back our Congress and Senate and even our Presidency. I don't mean on a party-line; as Republicans or Democrats. I mean, lets vote out those who have been there way too long and who have no honor and who do not work for us. Let's vote in those who will represent "WE, THE PEOPLE" instead of those who represent lobbyists and corporations and their own best interests.

There is far too much greed and dishonesty. There is far too little check and balance in a system where they decide on their own pay raises, work days, vacations, insurance benefits and other benefit packages. We either need term limits or we, as voters, need to limit their terms. We cannot allow them to ignore our will--the will of the very people they were elected to represent and still keep their jobs.

This is and has been one of the most frustrating periods I can remember in political history. I do not remember another time when leaders have asked for and received feedback from voters the way they did here and then ignored that feedback.

I will definitely be more involved in the next election and feel a sense of urgency to do what I can to insure we have more honorable leaders in our country. I pray you do, too.

No comments: